Tuesday, October 09, 2007

battle scars of being a mom

Bear with me I just need to vent

OK, you might wonder what the heck the title of this post is supposed to mean, well I will be happy to tell you.. I have come to hate yesterday.. I was sick and nauseous all day (AND NO I AM NOT PREGNANT) but trying to prevent that and my body just does not like the form of protection I am using... Take 2 so we will try yet another drug. I really hate pills....

Secondly, I had a very fussy set of kids with lots of energy to burn and I had absolutely NONE!!! so finally after having 2 naps, yes, I somehow managed 2 yesterday we played outside for 2 hours and they burned off some energy while I watched....

Third, Andy is due home around 5:15 to eat and then leave again for more clients at 6:15ish.. Well I am making dinner and look at the clock around 5 :40 still no Andy.. Calm, cool and collected I answer Ellie for the 5th time I don't know where Daddy is and call on the phone to his voicemail... I HATE VOICEMAIL.. (Not to mention our phone is on the fritz again and very hard to hear or understand what you are hearing on the other end) Dinner is cold and he calls to say he got pulled into a meeting and will not come home...Whew he is ok, but MAN i wanted to see him.....

FINALLY here is the kicker. I am putting Noah to bed and I turn off the lights with him snuggled down on my shoulder. I go to turn on his fan and music when BAMMM I run into his Harley rocking horse and trip...... In order to protect him, mind you I am so disoriented because that things is not usually there I hit my leg HARD on the Harley, head on the dresser, scrape both elbows in an effort to keep Noah from hitting anything as I go down and twist my left wrist and ankle in the process of going down. Well, I am on the floor banged up, disoriented and in the dark not sure what just happened or where I am screaming for Ellie....Who comes running in, turns on the light and FREAKS OUT at the site of me and Noah on the floor twisted up in this Harley both crying our heads off... So she decided to join us in the screaming fits of crying and 20 minutes later I have calmed all of us down enough to get up and go to the rocking chair..

Noah falls asleep on me after checking him over for bumps, bruises or cuts and then I head to help Ellie calm down and praise her for being my big helper....she drifts off with the help of Andy.. Who arrived to find me crying more on the couch...

OH MY GOODNESS, only then do I look in the mirror to see myself with lots of bruises, mascara dried down my face and its puffy from crying. SO hence I now have battle scars (aside from the big one across my tummy from Ellie and Noah) I must wear them proudly because Ellie pointed at my big knot and bruised leg today and said Mom, lets not do that again OK....I give up...can we start the week over and try again????

1 comment:

Sam said...

Oh Darby!!! Sweetie, you need like massive amounts of chocolate and alcohol!!!! You deserve new shoes!!! And a matching purse! You poor thing! I'm so sorry you had such an awful day. It's tough being a mom!